Your Quick Guide to the Perfect Home Office Setup
Thinking of a home office redo? Follow some of these tips for a more efficient workspace.
If you’re working from home, you need a dedicated space where household distractions won’t get in the way of your productivity. Thank fully, it’s pretty easy to fit a dedicated office into nearly any home, whether you live in a small apartment or a multi-bedroom house. Whatever room you have, the key to working efficiently is eliminating distractions and maximizing comfort. Check out the following tips and resources to learn how you can create a productive workspace in your own home!
While there are many benefits to working from home, it can be challenging to stay focused with other things going on around you.
● Avoid working in your pajamas. Get dressed to signal the beginning of your workday!
● Design your office so it fits your work habits.
● If you have noisy neighbors or other family members at home, take steps to tone down those distracting sounds.
● Keep potential interruptions, including your personal phone, out of the office.
● Don’t let a slow internet connection disrupt your workflow.
● Stay vigilant and defend your devices with antivirus software
Go for Comfort
Sitting in one position for hours can cause a lot of stress and strain on your body.
● Follow basic office ergonomics rules when setting up your home workstation.
● Invest in a good desk chair that supports your back properly.
● Keep the temperature in your office around 68 and 76 degrees for optimal comfort.
Keep it Bright and Refreshing
Nothing’s worse than slogging away at a computer in a hot and muggy room. Make sure your office feels refreshing and energizing!
● Position your desk near a window to reap the benefits of natural light.
● If your office has no windows, use strategic lighting and colors to make it feel bigger.
● Remove clutter that can make your office feel small and cramped.
● Add calming greenery to your office with a few low-maintenance plants.
● Hang up some wall décor that gives you a motivational boost!
● Contact Tinsel House Studio for help designing your ideal workspace.
Ready to create your own workspace at home? Designing a home office can be a lot of fun! Think about the furniture, decorations, and storage systems that would make your work life easier and more enjoyable, then play around with different design ideas until you come up with a setup that will maximize your productivity and comfort.